Thursday, April 23, 2015

My Neighborhood Bakery - 'MUNCHABLES'

photo by Jeff Easterling
I have seen the sign, but had never stopped in "MUNCHABLES" in the K-Mart Shopping Center at 4424 7th Street. When it comes to baked goods, it reminds me of my Maw Maw's cakes and goodies.


I see the sign when I pick up pizza, but havn't tried it. So, I went in to 'MUNCHABLES' earlier today I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw, it looked like my Mawmaw's treat table during the holidays.

Before I go any further, I have to say I was ashamed when Ms. Beverly Daniels told me she has been in this location for 2 years. Open from 10 to 6 every Monday thru Friday and 10 to 4 on Saturdays and Saturdays are "Sample Day". Call her at 430-200-2828.



For me, it was the coconut cake. It looked just like the ones I remember from years ago. With the tagline "Munchables - Home Baked Goodness!" it's right up my alley. Most know my love for good southern down-home cookin'. I want to taste the butter in my cookies, and out of Ms. Beverly's kitchen that's what you are going to get, home baked taste. They have a lot to choose from. Southern Pecan Pie, and little mini-pies, to coconut cream pies. Old fashioned Devil's food chocolate to a delectable Italian Cream Cakes. The classic vanilla cheesecake to a Banana Pudding. There is a loooong list of cookies and cupcakes. Stop by and see what they have to offer, there will be something that you are going to want to eat.

I thought it was interesting when Ms. Daniels was telling me about her services, that wait... she is super friendly, but speaks so proper and was dressed so nicely that she reminded me of an English Teacher and I was a little nervous because she might read this and my grammar sucks... She was telling me that her specialty is celebration cakes, but that she had a few requests for a "Tres Leches Cake" (three milks) so she is going to give it a go, and Saturday she should have some samples. I want a sample!



No comments:

Post a Comment