Wednesday, May 13, 2015

How Much Rain We Have Had So Far in 2015

via Facebook
I was asked, "How much rain has Texarkana had so far in 2015?" So, first thing I did was contact the area's favorite meteorologist to make sure I had the right answer.


My go to weather guy, is Todd Warren from Channel 6. That guy makes a lot of us sound smart when we repeat what we hear him say lol.

Since January 1, 2015, Texarkana has received 29.13 inches of precipitation. At this time last year we had only gotten 12.70 inches of rain

This is important because of more heavy rains possible in the forecast for the area. With the ground so saturated already, conditions are ripe for flash flooding.

When you see water standing or running over the roads, don't try to make it... Like Todd Warren says, Don't drown, Turn Around."

Todd sent me the info, but he also sent the link to their Almanac for the information in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment