Sunday, May 24, 2015

Memorial Day Events in Town

via Facebook
Giving the public the opportunity to pay respects and remember those that gave their lives while serving in the United States Military there are a few events scheduled for Memorial Day Monday May 25,

Monday at 11:00 a.m. there will be a memorial day service by the American Legion Post 25-58 at the Miller County Courthouse located at 400 Laurel Street in Texarkana, Arkansas.

At 11:30 a.m. Chapter 278 of the Vietnam Veteran's of America will host a Memorial Walk from the Miller County Courthouse to the Korea - Vietnam War Memorial on Stateline for a service at 11:45 a.m.. (from Greg Beck... In case of rain the service at the Korea/Vietnam Memorial will be held in the East Funeral Home's Chapel at 6th & Olive Streets.)

At 1:00 p.m. there will be a service at Hillcrest Memorial Gardens hosted by Texarkana Funeral Home.

Then at 3:00 p.m. it is the National Moment of Remembrance.

The National Moment of Remembrance, established by Congress, asks Americans, wherever they are at 3 p.m., local time, on Memorial Day, to pause in an act of national unity for a duration of one minute. The time 3 p.m. was chosen because it is the time when most Americans are enjoying their freedoms on the national holiday. The Moment does not replace traditional Memorial Day events; rather, it is an act of national unity in which all Americans, alone or with family and friends, honor those who died in service to the United States.

Enjoy the Holiday but take a moment to remember those that made the ultimate sacrifice.

via Facebook




3 comments:

  1. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    labor day 2015 sales

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    mattresses on sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I found your site by mistake when i was searching yahoo for this acne issue, I must say your site is really helpful I also love the design, its amazing!. I don’t have the time at the moment to fully read your site but I have bookmarked it and also add your RSS feeds. I will be back in a day or two. thanks for a great site.
    foam bed

    ReplyDelete